• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon regurgitated food?

pearmxn

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I usually feed my bearded dragon (around 8-9 months, male) dubia roaches every day, with an occasional salad. I have never had any issues, and he’s always been a fast eater and he’s never been picky or anything. As long as he’s been eating dubia roaches, he’s never had any health issues or poop abnormalities. However, I woke up this morning and found these two balls of undigested insects (I’m assuming??) on the hot side of his tank. They look like chunks or balls of dubia roaches but I’ve never seen this before so I’m not sure?? Also, last night before I fed him, his beard was black for the first time since I’ve started owning him 8 months ago. So I’m unsure if there’s a correlation between the two? His beard is currently black again and he’s laying flat on his enclosure’s floor, so I’m very worried. The humidity is fine, it’s around 100 degrees on his basking side, and low 90 to high 80 degrees on his cooler side. He’s walking around fine but he seems weaker than usual. Any help would be greatly appreciated :(
394C5A19-8863-4220-9DA4-E9139A0C2EFB.jpeg
560E54E9-DCF9-4AFE-BC98-CC35CDA3BA37.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I usually feed my bearded dragon (around 8-9 months, male) dubia roaches every day, with an occasional salad. I have never had any issues, and he’s always been a fast eater and he’s never been picky or anything. As long as he’s been eating dubia roaches, he’s never had any health issues or poop abnormalities. However, I woke up this morning and found these two balls of undigested insects (I’m assuming??) on the hot side of his tank. They look like chunks or balls of dubia roaches but I’ve never seen this before so I’m not sure?? Also, last night before I fed him, his beard was black for the first time since I’ve started owning him 8 months ago. So I’m unsure if there’s a correlation between the two? His beard is currently black again and he’s laying flat on his enclosure’s floor, so I’m very worried. The humidity is fine, it’s around 100 degrees on his basking side, and low 90 to high 80 degrees on his cooler side. He’s walking around fine but he seems weaker than usual. Any help would be greatly appreciated :(View attachment 32101View attachment 32102
How are you getting surface basking temps-- and what kind of uvb are you using? Coil or tube where in the tank is it? A black beard is either distress or pain-

pearmxn

Bearded Dragon Egg
How are you getting surface basking temps-- and what kind of uvb are you using? Coil or tube where in the tank is it? A black beard is either distress or pain-
i have thermometers set up on either side of the enclosures walls but admittedly i need to buy a surface thermometer to get better readings. i have the reptisun 39 watt tube 5.0 uvb strip, and it’s set up over his enclosure but towards the back

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have thermometers set up on either side of the enclosures walls but admittedly i need to buy a surface thermometer to get better readings. i have the reptisun 39 watt tube 5.0 uvb strip, and it’s set up over his enclosure but towards the back
Ok so I would get the digital probes and place one on the spot where he basks wait 10 min get the temp -- you dont haft to leave it there you can spot check every 10 days or so and place it on the side of the tank - the other one I would put on your cool side of the tank -- the 5.0 UVB bulb please replace w/ a 10.0 bulb you have a bulb now for aquariums you want the 10.0 for reptiles -- set up over his enclosure meaning its on the top of the screen? If so please show me your screen

pearmxn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so I would get the digital probes and place one on the spot where he basks wait 10 min get the temp -- you dont haft to leave it there you can spot check every 10 days or so and place it on the side of the tank - the other one I would put on your cool side of the tank -- the 5.0 UVB bulb please replace w/ a 10.0 bulb you have a bulb now for aquariums you want the 10.0 for reptiles -- set up over his enclosure meaning its on the top of the screen? If so please show me your screen
i bought a new 10.0 uvb bulb today, so i’ll be sure to replace it rn. also yes, i meant his uvb is over his screen, this is what it looks like
1108252E-D75A-4703-8B6A-20B21147A406.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i bought a new 10.0 uvb bulb today, so i’ll be sure to replace it rn. also yes, i meant his uvb is over his screen, this is what it looks like View attachment 32117
Ok the screen has a wider hole please put a piece of basking decor directly underneath approx 8-10 inches --