• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon poop!

Summer-Ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone! I bought a baby beardie from petsmart about a month ago, he’s probably 2-3 months old. He’s been doing pretty great with eating and growing, but sometimes his poop varies, specifically his urate. Most of the time it’s fine but sometimes it’s a grayish color then goes back to normal. But with his last few bms the urate has been mostly liquid, still very white in color and looks like a healthy poop (?) I have yet to take him to the vet for a normal checkup but I do plan to very soon. I was just wondering if this was anything to be concerned about?

Summer-Ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
He mostly eats crickets but when I have Phoenix worms he eats them with his salad; turnip greens and parsley and I switch it up w carrots cucumber and red bell pepper. His basking temp stays around 104 and the cool side stays at 82. I use the reptisun 10.0

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
it could be the cucumber making it abit runny. try collard greens with mustard greens and shredded carrots. crickets can carry parasitep so maybe have a fecal smear done to rule that out as well. your temps sound good too.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not sure ,they do cause diarrhea and really bad smelly poo. it may be that it's just the cucumber it is high in water content and can cause the runny urate as well. I learned that one when Stryker gobbled her cucumbers up a few years back so now she only gets them occasionally. the white part of bok choy will do this as well.

OHnatalie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree with Mamaof2dragons. Definitely research the correct foods for your dragon....we've all been there. And it really would not hurt to take a trip to the vet...just to insure everything is ok. Try to limit the fruits as dragons don't digest sugars well, however you can include prickly pear which many dragons love. I also included baked sweet potato and butternut/acorn squash from time to time. Enjoy your baby :)