• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon pale back

Zirkcees08

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for 1 month he is approx 4 months old. A couple days ago I noticed this paleness on his back. He shedded around 1-2 weeks ago but I never saw his back shed so it could be possible that he could just be shedding in parts but I just wanna be extra safe I’m about to attempt to give him a bath. So if anyone knows what this is please tell me.
Thanks
E69565E0-D2CA-4B1C-A657-256A9F727CF3.jpeg
34473A30-263C-42B9-A34C-CF3100D30BAE.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for 1 month he is approx 4 months old. A couple days ago I noticed this paleness on his back. He shedded around 1-2 weeks ago but I never saw his back shed so it could be possible that he could just be shedding in parts but I just wanna be extra safe I’m about to attempt to give him a bath. So if anyone knows what this is please tell me.
ThanksView attachment 32971View attachment 32972
Yes that is shed ---- I recommend getting him off the substrate you have him on --- for a 4 month old they lick and will eat it -- you dont want him getting impacted--- some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or you local home improvement store is good - cut to the size of the tank insects cannot get underneath - can you go over your UVB your using please - this helps w/ shedding and all over health issues -- coils are NO good and inadequate --- surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - stick ons are inaccurate