• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Name Meanings

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
HI!!
We all have exclusive and creative names for our Beardies. I have a name already set aside....SIDIOOUS!!
Yes! It awesome and no dont use it..lol (if you get the reason behind my name we can be friends) hehe

But what is the meaning behind your beardies name and how did you come up with it?
From a movie?
Character?
Tv Show?
Made it up yourself??

Do share. Id love to know

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Well Dexter was my husbands grandfathers name and we liked it so our first dragon is Dexter. Dexter turned out to be a girl but we kept the name and it fits her. Our second dragon was named Luci who turned out to be a boy who is now Luci(fer). Which is fitting because for the first three years of his life he did nothing but run around his tank and give me hell. Our third dragon, a girl, is a rescue. When we met her she was named Paco, the people at the pet store thought she was a boy. She was abandoned in an apartment and she is missing half her tail. From the minute I picked her up at the store, she had been the sweetest, you’d never know she went through some ****. So we named her Dolly, because she’s such a doll!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Izzy is my adult female and I just started listing names and I thought lizard..Lizzy? no ok Izzy yep that fits and I often say Izzy bizzy lol
Simon is my adult male and when I saw him in the petstore I was watching him and I looked at him in the corner so I went over put my finger on the glass and he came over, so I went to the other side/corner and he came running over and put his foot on the glass, we did this back and forth for 15 min or so and so I bought him and called him Simon as in Simon says game.
Cooper is my juv male and he is a leatherback that is red/yellow/copper coloring so I called him Cooper as in copper the color lol

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
Well Dexter was my husbands grandfathers name and we liked it so our first dragon is Dexter. Dexter turned out to be a girl but we kept the name and it fits her. Our second dragon was named Luci who turned out to be a boy who is now Luci(fer). Which is fitting because for the first three years of his life he did nothing but run around his tank and give me hell. Our third dragon, a girl, is a rescue. When we met her she was named Paco, the people at the pet store thought she was a boy. She was abandoned in an apartment and she is missing half her tail. From the minute I picked her up at the store, she had been the sweetest, you’d never know she went through some ****. So we named her Dolly, because she’s such a doll!

I love that. So cool for sharing. My love of Star Wars is where I got the name from and it just sounded perfect for a Beardie. Im also a die hard fan of Michael Jackson, but I cant think of any MJ songs that would match with a dragon lol

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
I called mine Safira. It means Sapphire in Portuguese. I wanted to give her a name that would tie in with my native language and therefore brainstormed different names that I could possibly give her. Esfenio (Titanite) would be her name if she were a male. I wanted to name her after a precious stone so, Safira did it haha. Saphira is the name of Eragon's dragon in Eragon, which is also spelt Safira. Safira IS a precious lil gem, and she has boundless energy with many character traits [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk