• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon infertile eggs?

Monty Donnelly

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
My year and two month old beardie female seems bloated or Gaining weight. She is basking more and eating a ton but going to her cave a lot. She isn’t really digging. I did feel her belly and there’s a hard, bumpy row on her left side. She has always been on the slim side and now she is really fat over night. Could she be carrying an infertile clutch of eggs or is she impacted or bloated.

Attachments

• FAF2E9D9-853C-4E45-B439-B8A2EB3DE13B.jpeg
    FAF2E9D9-853C-4E45-B439-B8A2EB3DE13B.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 9539BBF8-1AD7-46B7-8696-B4715107598B.jpeg
    9539BBF8-1AD7-46B7-8696-B4715107598B.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 5

Monty Donnelly

Bearded Dragon Egg
It is possible -- keep an eye on her and if she starts digging ALOT and acting like a crazy woman then it is possible she is going to lay ---- not so much the scratching but really digging - if this happens you need to set up a laybox for her in a plastic tote and you would need this
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with play sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.
I would leave her in the box for a couple of hrs w/ a shoe box or some sort of hide in there so she can hide and dig for privacy w / her heat lamp over it --- keep an eye on her and if she lays she lays and if she doesnt then put her back in her tank so she can bask more and just watch her so if she starts the digging again you can mover her back
This is for your reference
Where do I put the box as I don’t have much space and i also don’t have another heat lamp