• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon has/had pinworms

Midge

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, so my female 7month old bearded dragon has had problems going to the toilet on her own. I took her to the vets several times in the last few months since the problem started and a few weeks back they recommend to get her poop tested for bacteria and other infections. It came back with only pinworms which are common in bearded dragons and unusual to cause a problem. But the vet treated her with some sort of worming stuff and that was a week ago today, she has only been to the loo once and that was Wednesday and with a warm bath. It was 2 weeks before that since her last pop but the vet said to leave her on her own until she was treated.

Is this treatment suppose to work straight away?

When she did go in the bath you could see her straining to go to the toilet. The last few months her poo has been sloppy, with bits of bugs etc in her poo but this was the first time in months it looked normal, maybe a little hard but nothing I would say is worth shouting about considering. It wasn't flat and runny, it was long and a good colour. (Sorry for the graphic details)

He did also mention about her diet could be a factor. Again 7 months old, she has about 3 locusts a day and they are roughly half and inch or just over/under in size, I give her fresh lamb lettuce every day and a few bits of fruit every other days but she is not interested in the veg or fruit at all.

She gets 4 days with calcium, 2 days with vitamins and a day free. Her temp and lighting etc is perfect and nothing worth mentioning as I have in previous posts and it's not my first reptile as I also have her brother and 3 Leo's and snakes.

Can anyone suggest anything??