• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon has black behind his eye

pinkninja225

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently found that my bearded dragon has these darker spots behind his eye. I found it after having him watched by a friend of mine and I have no idea what it is. Other than that he’s acting normal. Is it mites? Or just dirt above his eye?

Attachments

• 935ED88E-AE0E-4466-B429-0E24D653D7C8.jpeg
    935ED88E-AE0E-4466-B429-0E24D653D7C8.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently found that my bearded dragon has these darker spots behind his eye. I found it after having him watched by a friend of mine and I have no idea what it is. Other than that he’s acting normal. Is it mites? Or just dirt above his eye?
Have you tried washing it off? You can take a soft baby toothbrush and wet his eyes try brushing it off - see if that will take it off-

Scott2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Those are mites. You will need to take him to the vet for oral medication. Also you will want to nuke the tank, everything in it and around the tank. Those things are little breeding fools. You can also soak your dragon as it will kill the ones on his body. The vet should also look to see if they are snake mites or lizard mites. Snake mites are much harder to get rid of.