• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon growing too slow

Gavin Hertig

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
61A87B28-E4DE-44BE-B224-7A282719CAA3.jpeg
Hey so I feel like my beardie is growing wayyyy too slow. I got her on Christmas and I feel like she hasn’t grown too much. Is this bad? What should I do. I feed her 10-15 medium crickets a day and always have salad available for her. She is about 10 inches now.

Shakespeare’sMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
020106E1-543F-434A-B3A6-59A6E25A9397.jpeg
My baby is 10 months old and is13” long. He looks perfectly healthy and has a big appetite! If you want to put some weight on your dragon, try superworms, they are high in fat and protein.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
super worms are a great way to fatten them up but beware they can cause constipation in beared dragon's if your feeding to often.
super worms are like candy so only as a treat is advisable. your beardie looks healthy so keep giving her greens and crickets or dubia roaches and if your not already add in a multivitamin for retiles.

Shakespeare’sMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
super worms are a great way to fatten them up but beware they can cause constipation in beared dragon's if your feeding to often.
super worms are like candy so only as a treat is advisable. your beardie looks healthy so keep giving her greens and crickets or dubia roaches and if your not already add in a multivitamin for retiles.
Yeah, that’s not his main food source he really does like his greens! I also have a dubia colony!

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
your doing everything right then. as long as he keeps eating he will grow. my Stryker is 4yrs old and is only 15inches long but she weighs in at 485 grams. she is small and grew slow too, but she is healthy and active. I feed her a variety of greens and vegetables with a little fruit. she loves bugs so gets a variety of them as well.
keep us posted how your little one is doing.

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
I got my beardie around the same time and admittedly he is much larger. Yours doesn’t look unhealthy though. Make sure she’s getting plenty of crickets dusted with calcium 1-2 times a week, or you could try dubia roaches