• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Feeding Schedule

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!! I will be getting my first bearded dragon a couple of weeks later, and I just wanted to make sure that my feeding plan is ideal. Please correct some of my mistakes I might have made in my schedule.

Baby Bearded Dragon:

7:00 am

½ cup of veggies

10-15 insects

Water

3:00 pm

20-30 insects

6:00 pm

20-30 insects

Juvinille Bearded Dragon:

¾ cup of veggies

Water

3:00 pm

25-30 insects

25-30 insects

Adult Bearded Dragon:

1 cup of veggies

Water

½ cup of veggies

5-8 insects

For babies and juvinilles, I will be giving calcium for each feeding for 5 days a week, and 1 dusting of vitamins 2 times a week.

For adults, I will be giving one dusting of vitamins once a week and calcium 3 times a week.

Please let me know if this is a good feeding plan!!

AZDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
How many dragons are you planning on getting?

What time are your lights going on and off? What kind of lights do you have?

I think feeding insects over an 11 hour period won’t work. Our dragon will not eat bugs the first hour or two after his lights come on until he gets warm. They also need a couple hours to digest before the lights go out at night.

We have lights come on at 7:45am, 1st feed at 9-9:30am, 2nd feed 2:30-3:00pm, final feed 5:30pm. Lights go out at 8:30pm.

Also, I’m lucky if our dragon will eat 1/4 cup of greens/veggies throughout the day. Committing that much greens/veggies to a young dragon will likely lead to lots of waste.

ETA we have a 4 month old dragon.

CristolMcin

Bearded Dragon Egg
My daughter is a new bearded dragon owner (shes 11 so they turned into my responsibility) 7ish lights come on we feed them veggies (we got our bearded dragons from a pet store so they were raised with no veggies they finally eat them now) 1130 I feed them worms. 530 6ish I feed them dubia roaches with some veggies and greens over them so they see the greens moving. I also switch it up what I feed them. I leave the fluckers food (red pellets) and I have two plants in there that they munch on when were all gone at work and school. Veggies they get like a half a cup throughout the day. Good luck they are super fun!

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
How many dragons are you planning on getting?

What time are your lights going on and off? What kind of lights do you have?

I think feeding insects over an 11 hour period won’t work. Our dragon will not eat bugs the first hour or two after his lights come on until he gets warm. They also need a couple hours to digest before the lights go out at night.

We have lights come on at 7:45am, 1st feed at 9-9:30am, 2nd feed 2:30-3:00pm, final feed 5:30pm. Lights go out at 8:30pm.

Also, I’m lucky if our dragon will eat 1/4 cup of greens/veggies throughout the day. Committing that much greens/veggies to a young dragon will likely lead to lots of waste.

ETA we have a 4 month old dragon.

Thank you for replying to my post. I will be getting only one dragon. My UVB will be going on at 6:00 to 8:00. Same with my heat lamp. I have 10.0 UVBs and I have a basking spot lamp. Thank you for the tip. I will lower the amount of veggies given. I actually have to go to school at around 8:00, and will be coming back at 3:00. I do not think I will be able to give the beardie food when I am away from home.

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
My daughter is a new bearded dragon owner (shes 11 so they turned into my responsibility) 7ish lights come on we feed them veggies (we got our bearded dragons from a pet store so they were raised with no veggies they finally eat them now) 1130 I feed them worms. 530 6ish I feed them dubia roaches with some veggies and greens over them so they see the greens moving. I also switch it up what I feed them. I leave the fluckers food (red pellets) and I have two plants in there that they munch on when were all gone at work and school. Veggies they get like a half a cup throughout the day. Good luck they are super fun!

Thank you for your tips. I will be modifying my feeding schedule.

CristolMcin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your tips. I will be modifying my feeding schedule.
No problem. All honestly tho your going to find that somethings work for you better than others. Never know until you try them out for yourself! As u can see I just wing it but they are healthy and growing and very active! Good luck and congrats!

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
No problem. All honestly tho your going to find that somethings work for you better than others. Never know until you try them out for yourself! As u can see I just wing it but they are healthy and growing and very active! Good luck and congrats!

Thank you!!!!