• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon eye infection?

AmandaG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I adopted a bearded dragon this week from someone who no longer wanted to care for theirs and I believe he/she has an eye infection? I'm working on getting the habitat up to standard. Currently in a 40 gallon tank with a reptile rug( was previously in sand). Cold side is 85ish degrees warm side is 100-110 degrees. I just got a UVB tube light and I don't believe he had one up until now.

My guess is that he is around 1 year old, but I'm not sure. His right eye is totally crusted shut and his left eye is starting to look infected too. I have a vet appointment set up, but I want to know what I can do until the appointment to help him. He is really lethargic and hasn't been eating since I got him this week :(

I appreciate any help or recommendations that are given. I just want to get him healthy!

Attachments

• IMG_20190418_151600.jpg
    IMG_20190418_151600.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20190418_151557.jpg
    IMG_20190418_151557.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 119

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Poor baby - that looks awful! While you wait for the vet appt, you can try a warm saline compress if you can keep him still long enough, and/or diluted manuka or raw unfiltered honey (apply with a qtip). If nothing else, those may provide some relief.