• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon crooked tail

Lizardking66

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone my bearded dragon is roughly 6 months old (f) and I noticed her tail was crooked one morning and I waited to see if it would go away and it hasn’t.
She doesn’t have a loss of appetite and is never lethargic.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 81F6749A-191F-4A48-979F-6F70D25ED096.png
    81F6749A-191F-4A48-979F-6F70D25ED096.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
  • AC04C5C1-983A-4D28-A170-00A96FEEDBF4.png
    AC04C5C1-983A-4D28-A170-00A96FEEDBF4.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone my bearded dragon is roughly 6 months old (f) and I noticed her tail was crooked one morning and I waited to see if it would go away and it hasn’t.
She doesn’t have a loss of appetite and is never lethargic.
Thank you in advance
What are you using for a uvb? Coil or long tube fixture--? This is extremely important to prevent mbd- coils are inadequate - are you feeding calcium D3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am using a coil fixture and yes I am feeding D3
Ok coils are no good -- please get a long tube fixture-- 24" zoo med w/ a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank- if your using a 20 gallon tank use the 5.0 bulb that comes that fixture-- but I recommend you get this right away - mbd is setting in - another good fixture is the Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb -- found at PetSmart - the zoo med can be ordered from petmountain.com - the 5.0 bulb will need to be unobstructed No screen and it needs to be placed directly above the basking decor piece 6-8 inches

Lizardking66

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok coils are no good -- please get a long tube fixture-- 24" zoo med w/ a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank- if your using a 20 gallon tank use the 5.0 bulb that comes that fixture-- but I recommend you get this right away - mbd is setting in - another good fixture is the Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb -- found at PetSmart - the zoo med can be ordered from petmountain.com - the 5.0 bulb will need to be unobstructed No screen and it needs to be placed directly above the basking decor piece 6-8 inches
Okay I will take care of that asap, will she be okay?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay I will take care of that asap, will she be okay?
Yes but you need to get the uvb corrected as soon as possible - you can put her in a clear plastic tote and take her out side for good uvb-- 15 - 30 min direct sunlight - but you must supervise I don't know the temps where you are you don't want to burn her up- or leave her by herself because of birds- when you get the uvb please let me know what you get -

Lizardking66

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes but you need to get the uvb corrected as soon as possible - you can put her in a clear plastic tote and take her out side for good uvb-- 15 - 30 min direct sunlight - but you must supervise I don't know the temps where you are you don't want to burn her up- or leave her by herself because of birds- when you get the uvb please let me know what you get -
I live in Southern California, so it’s about 80-90 degrees here

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I live in Southern California, so it’s about 80-90 degrees here
Ok well the sun will do her good- just watch her-- are you using digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps-- no colored bulbs at all and a good clear bright white basking bulb for basking- no daytime bulbs as well- they have a coating on them that will damage their eyes like colored bulbs

Lizardking66

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok well the sun will do her good- just watch her-- are you using digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps-- no colored bulbs at all and a good clear bright white basking bulb for basking- no daytime bulbs as well- they have a coating on them that will damage their eyes like colored bulbs
Yes I have a bright white basking bulb, gets her temp to about 100-110