• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon claw health

jake chetney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my bearded dragon is a year and a half old now, and a few weeks ago i noticed a singular toe fell off and i asked here what could’ve happened, and I assumed as well he had a accident in the enclosure where it might have got caught. However today i noticed another one of his claws was hanging from his hand and now I’m concerned. He is still very active, eats everyday, eats mealworms everyday with 5 days of calcium w/o d3, a day with d3, and a day of multivitamins. Here is a picture of him and his enclosure, the bulb is a powersun 160w UV. On examination of his hanging claw it seems the cut where its hanging from is black which ive read my be lack of blood circulation. Let me know what else I should do thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

jake chetney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Take these pics and post on this forum www.beardeddragon.org----- they can help you there - more experienced people on that board ---- I would get rid of the sand ---- it can cause impaction ---- you can replace w/ textured non adhesive shelf liner from your local hardware store - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle and insects cannot get underneath------ how are you measuring temps in his tank ? There is a vet moderator on that board that can also help you

That link dosent take you anywhere. As well there is no sand in my enclosure it is excavator clay. Thanks for the response. Temps are measured with a two different reptimed sensors.