• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Changing Color overnight

Misty

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there, I am a new mama to our 6 month old Bearded Dragon named Tank!
When we got him about 2 weeks ago, he was a very light fawn color, after his bath last Saturday...probably on Monday he turned really dark and now under his chin is dark all the time now too....(so now he is dark and grayish) but he still lets me hold him. I read that this is him trying to regulate his temperature (he has his heat lamp and UV lamp on for 12 hours and then dark for 12 hours). I just want to make sure I didn't make him mad at all. We have 2 pugs and a min pin mix and they do bark sometimes but he has heard that for 2 weeks now so not sure if that is stressing him or if I am just over thinking this! His POO is a good color and appears he is hydrated so just wanted to see what your thoughts were on him changing to such a dark color overnight. this will be day 2 of being dark. OH he just shed too right before we bought him so not sure if that's a factor?
Original Color.jpg
Black Beard.jpg
Dark Color.jpg

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
The lighting in the pictures looks different, but he doesn't look terribly stressed to me. He may just be adjusting still. How are the temps in his tank? Basking surface around 100 and "cooler" end of tank around 80?

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
he is probably getting proper uvb now the color looks beautiful a normal dragon can have color. color does not make a morph on a dragon (not including the super red or yellows) but he looks fine let him ajust give him love and pet and hold him he will be ok. like last person said keep a eye on temps he will ajust my older dragon loves my germen shepherd he hangs out on him