• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon cake!

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
My daughter is crazy about bearded dragons and wanted a dragon cake....so I tried my hand at one! I figured y’all would appreciate it too! Haha. He turned out pretty good! Also....little does she know, but she’s getting a real one TODAY! We’ve been hiding him and I’ve already fallen in love! Thanks for putting up with all my questions and helping me get everything set up! Attached is are a couple pics of my cake and another of our new baby!

Attachments

• 9FB8307A-5CBA-498D-A0E5-7BD6E29380B1.jpeg
    9FB8307A-5CBA-498D-A0E5-7BD6E29380B1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
  • CEE0398E-D1FD-4959-ADB2-0160182C011B.jpeg
    CEE0398E-D1FD-4959-ADB2-0160182C011B.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 42CFDD67-A657-4901-9875-B7EEED660AD6.jpeg
    42CFDD67-A657-4901-9875-B7EEED660AD6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
My daughter is crazy about bearded dragons and wanted a dragon cake....so I tried my hand at one! I figured y’all would appreciate it too! Haha. He turned out pretty good! Also....little does she know, but she’s getting a real one TODAY! We’ve been hiding him and I’ve already fallen in love! Thanks for putting up with all my questions and helping me get everything set up! Attached is are a couple pics of my cake and another of our new baby!

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
Pics

Attachments

• EC9BA8B9-7EFA-455C-951D-D1B5DDA3DFE0.jpeg
    EC9BA8B9-7EFA-455C-951D-D1B5DDA3DFE0.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • CEB1E91B-CE1B-406B-A846-D70E4AA08795.jpeg
    CEB1E91B-CE1B-406B-A846-D70E4AA08795.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 09F117BB-53BF-4EB7-ABB7-86A22D351A32.jpeg
    09F117BB-53BF-4EB7-ABB7-86A22D351A32.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice job! He looks like Toothless---- how is the baby doing? If you need any help w/ the diet for him or insects / worms let me know I will post websites

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
Nice job! He looks like Toothless---- how is the baby doing? If you need any help w/ the diet for him or insects / worms let me know I will post websites
Haha it does! He’s doing great! He’s eating the Dubai roaches like crazy! I have offered him the black soldier fly larvae and he ate a couple, but isn’t crazy about those. He ate some turnip greens the first night but hasn’t touched any more salad since...is that a concern? I had no idea they were such hard sleepers! I went to check on him that first night and I though he was dead! It scared me...haha. But he was just sleeping.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha it does! He’s doing great! He’s eating the Dubai roaches like crazy! I have offered him the black soldier fly larvae and he ate a couple, but isn’t crazy about those. He ate some turnip greens the first night but hasn’t touched any more salad since...is that a concern? I had no idea they were such hard sleepers! I went to check on him that first night and I though he was dead! It scared me...haha. But he was just sleeping.
Here is a nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
He wants bugs only which is normal -- to bad about the BSFL normally they really go for them I was going to say to use them on top of his salads as a lure but if the stinker isnt eating them then thats a lost cause -- try some small or medium super worms as lures 1-3 add them to the salad in front of him the movement will get his attention

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Wow that looks great! You are very talented. Is it her birthday? Happy birthday if so. But I’m curious how you were able to hide a dragon haha! She will love it!

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
He wants bugs only which is normal -- to bad about the BSFL normally they really go for them I was going to say to use them on top of his salads as a lure but if the stinker isnt eating them then thats a lost cause -- try some small or medium super worms as lures 1-3 add them to the salad in front of him the movement will get his attention
Okay! Thanks for the tip! It’s worth a shot to put the BSFL on his salad...maybe that will work...I really appreciate all of your help! I’m not really sure why my post posted twice on the forum...sorry about that! Ha.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I asked the vet about the kale controversy and she said it isn't too great of staple and not to feed often because it is high im something, not sure what i don't remember, but it has too much of something that our dragons shouldnt have all the time.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
That cake looks amazing, and the beardie is adorable! I love all the little details on the cake.

It's oxalates that people claim kale is high in, but from all my sources I believe it's been debunked. It's up to the keeper to decide if they want to offer kale and how often they should.

https://oxalate.org/ here you can compare the oxalates in kale with different foods. 1 cup of chopped kale actually has fewer oxalates than 1 cup of chopped mustard greens or a cup of chopped collard greens.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I asked the vet about the kale controversy and she said it isn't too great of staple and not to feed often because it is high im something, not sure what i don't remember, but it has too much of something that our dragons shouldnt have all the time.
oxylates the vet was talking about and they have done a study on kale here is some info

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
oxylates the vet was talking about and they have done a study on kale here is some info
Are you 100% positive that source is of information is accurate and reliable? I'd hate to continue feeding it if it really is no good for them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you 100% positive that source is of information is accurate and reliable? I'd hate to continue feeding it if it really is no good for them.
Yes it was thought for a long time about kale and there was some info on the internet about kale being a very good nutritional food --- I feed my dragons kale along w/ the other greens and it hasnt hurt them at all - they get vet check ups 2 times a year and my reptile vet always comments on how healthy they are --- fecals are done along w/ blood work as well nothing has ever come backs negative about that or their diet --- you can look at the oxalate under kale and werent sure what kind of kale was used but the oxalate in collards is higher than kale --- kale is more nutrional than other greens we are feeding --- I was amazed -- the people posting on that forum are very trust worthy --- they have had dragons for 20+ years and have done research on certain things like UVB's etc so yes I trust them

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yes it was thought for a long time about kale and there was some info on the internet about kale being a very good nutritional food --- I feed my dragons kale along w/ the other greens and it hasnt hurt them at all - they get vet check ups 2 times a year and my reptile vet always comments on how healthy they are --- fecals are done along w/ blood work as well nothing has ever come backs negative about that or their diet --- you can look at the oxalate under kale and werent sure what kind of kale was used but the oxalate in collards is higher than kale --- kale is more nutrional than other greens we are feeding --- I was amazed -- the people posting on that forum are very trust worthy --- they have had dragons for 20+ years and have done research on certain things like UVB's etc so yes I trust them
This is great information because my bearded dragon only likes kale, I just recently tried it a week ago with some bee pollen on top and he goes bonkers for it!

I like picking up the blended bags of collard, mustard, and turnip. They also have dandelion, kale, and collard. All great choices and you get 3 for the price of 1!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow! That's a great cake. Are you sure it's a cake? lol Looks pretty real. Awww hope baby is doing great!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My vet said the same thing userBandit. I do include kale off and on in Dex's salads, but it isn't one of his main greens (like bok choy, endive, collard, dandelion) that he gets a lot of. Good to know that kale isn't as harmful as believed though. Thanks for info all.