• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon acting strange

chloerosesmith23997

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had Zeus for over two years now, he is 6 years old.
His temperament has always been calm, wanting to be around you barely showed a black beard.
Recently he shows a grey beard nearly every day, he window surfs and when I let him out his beard goes black, he doesn’t hiss or puff his beard or bob his head or show any sign of aggression. He just seems annoyed when I clean his viv, he eats normal, he poos and drinks and basks. I am unsure what is causing this change in behaviour, I am 100% sure he wouldn’t bite me. I am just unsure of how to deal with this behaviour change as I do not want to stress him out. His vivarium is extremely large, there are no loud noises or any other animals around. I have thought it’s due to mating season but he has been like this for a while now please help :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have had Zeus for over two years now, he is 6 years old.
His temperament has always been calm, wanting to be around you barely showed a black beard.
Recently he shows a grey beard nearly every day, he window surfs and when I let him out his beard goes black, he doesn’t hiss or puff his beard or bob his head or show any sign of aggression. He just seems annoyed when I clean his viv, he eats normal, he poos and drinks and basks. I am unsure what is causing this change in behaviour, I am 100% sure he wouldn’t bite me. I am just unsure of how to deal with this behaviour change as I do not want to stress him out. His vivarium is extremely large, there are no loud noises or any other animals around. I have thought it’s due to mating season but he has been like this for a while now please help :(
How old is the UVB your using and what brand and bulb ? Behavior changes could be cause for lighting in the tank - surface basking temps etc------- we want to rule this out before going on to other causes - what are his surface basking temps and how are you getting them?

chloerosesmith23997

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is the UVB your using and what brand and bulb ? Behavior changes could be cause for lighting in the tank - surface basking temps etc------- we want to rule this out before going on to other causes - what are his surface basking temps and how are you getting them?
Hello! Thank you and the bulb isn’t old at all I replaced it the end of last year, it’s exoterrarium! His normal basking temp of a day is 38 and his night is 26 I have an electronic monitor within his viv which are set morning and night :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! Thank you and the bulb isn’t old at all I replaced it the end of last year, it’s exoterrarium! His normal basking temp of a day is 38 and his night is 26 I have an electronic monitor within his viv which are set morning and night :)
The electronic monitor has a probe? Also I recommend a different UVB bulb --- either the Arcadia 12% or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 they are one of the best on the market at this time -- your surface basking temp is good but the temp at night is too high - please get it down to 19-24 C --