• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon acting lazy

spacedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, my bearded dragon likes to sleep most of the time i’d say 3/4 of the day. His appetite is fine and he appears healthy but he just loves to sleep. Should I take him to the vet? Or do you think he’s just lazy? He’s pretty active when he’s not sleeping, running all around the room and stuff, but most of the time he’ll just find a cozy spot and stay there for hours.

Attachments

• 7F90C1FC-88D3-46D0-8845-1E78580BBEBA.jpeg
    7F90C1FC-88D3-46D0-8845-1E78580BBEBA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38

spacedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is he and is he basking at all ? He should be basking for at least 4 hrs everyday especially if hes eating other wise he will not digest his food--------------what do you have for lighting in the tank ? UVB brand and bulb--- basking temps and how are you taking them?
Karrie

He’s about 8 months old, he basks for about 4-8 hours a day, I use a reptisun T5 uvb bulb and I don’t know the basking temps, but when he’s outside the tank he does sit right under a heat lamp, He doesn’t like being in the tank or under the uvb bulb so I keep him outside the tank whenever I’m at home.