• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bath water

PattyVigs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! My beardie hasn't been eating much of his greens lately and his skin was a little wrinkly so I figured he might be a little dehydrated. Today I gave him a bath and he started drinking quite a bit of the bath water. Is that ok? I always have a small bowl of fresh water that I treat with repti safe in his tank so I'm a little concerned with him drinking the bath water...can anyone help me out, please :)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Personally I don't keep a water dish in my tank, it serves to add more humidity to the air which isn't a good thing. During baths my dragon too laps up a bit of water...this is perfectly fine in fact it's a good thing.:) It could be yours doesn't know what to do with the water in the tank whereas in the bath, there was some movement to the water...and he knew he wanted to go for it.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If they can't see it move it's not there.

As atochats said keeping a water dish could raise humidity in your viv slightly. If you r going to keep one in there what u may consider doing is have a plastic cup directly above your water dish. With a very small hole in the bottom. This will allow drops of water to fall and cause ripples in the water so your beardie sees and knows it's there. Keep doing this and you may find that after awhile it learns this spot is water. And possibly could than remove the dripping devices.

Same thing I had to do with the greens bowl. My beardie would not eat. So I started to put it in the same spot all the time and play with it. Grabbing some lifting it up and dropping it in the dish. To get his attention. Doing this for a week he now knows when I put the bowl in its food. I no longer have to intise him to it.

PattyVigs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well just an update...apparently, he is a she. She just laid 15 eggs. Guess that's why she went from eating like a pig to barely eating at all lol.