• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bath Question

Bertthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there! So a few days ago I came home after being gone for a few hours to find that my beardie had pooped while I was gone and had managed to get poop all over him . I gave him two separate baths to clean him up, but he still smells a bit. So I was wondering if there was a safe soap/cleaner I could bathe him with besides just dechlorinated water? Thanks!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi there! So a few days ago I came home after being gone for a few hours to find that my beardie had pooped while I was gone and had managed to get poop all over him . I gave him two separate baths to clean him up, but he still smells a bit. So I was wondering if there was a safe soap/cleaner I could bathe him with besides just dechlorinated water? Thanks!
Hello, you can use original Dawn soap in the water, just make sure it doesn't get it in his eyes and he doesn't drink it.

tortadon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Soap is dangerous. Read the label would you drink it? Your lizard will.
I have had beardeds for 20 plus years and they like to drop A load in their tub water which is good to help them stay regular.
Throw them in the tub with lightly warm to the touch water. Making the drain deep enough it can splash or swim in will leave the non drain in shallow enough for it to be relaxed. I have found that as they become accustomed to these baths they like to adventure down for A swim.
Leave them in till the water cools and by then they will be scentless.
We used to take them to the pool but they are good swimmers and like the kids won't get out when you tell them so keep close.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Soap is dangerous. Read the label would you drink it? Your lizard will.
I have had beardeds for 20 plus years and they like to drop A load in their tub water which is good to help them stay regular.
Throw them in the tub with lightly warm to the touch water. Making the drain deep enough it can splash or swim in will leave the non drain in shallow enough for it to be relaxed. I have found that as they become accustomed to these baths they like to adventure down for A swim.
Leave them in till the water cools and by then they will be scentless.
We used to take them to the pool but they are good swimmers and like the kids won't get out when you tell them so keep close.
Hello, I disagree with putting them in the pool as most pools have chlorine in them, which can be very bad for your dragon. Also most people don't know when their dragon is wanting to get out of the pool (if they wanted in the pool in the first place) and could potentially drown their dragon.