• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking

Elyssa Battaglia

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my beardie seems to enjoy basking at night more then during the day. I turn his light on at 11 and when i go back in at 11pm he looks like hes really enjoying himself. I feel so bad shutting the light off but I have too the sun goes down so, so does his light. I'm not sure what times his previous owner had his light on and I'm worried that hes going to get sick from the change. What should i do?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You need to create a day/night cycle that works for you and your dragon will get used to the times. They need a period of complete darkness and cool down for 10-12 hours a night.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's a smart dragon! The pellets are bad for him, it's like eating junk food. It's full of preservatives and dyes. Make sure you are feeding him healthy greens and bugs dusted with supplements and he will be just fine.