• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking light

Geneva Stewart

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is my first time in a forum. I've been searching for quality heat lamps for basking. I'm not satisfied with my current light because it just isn't up to par for my best boy Mac. Any suggestions?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is my first time in a forum. I've been searching for quality heat lamps for basking. I'm not satisfied with my current light because it just isn't up to par for my best boy Mac. Any suggestions?
Hello what brand are you using now? And the wattage please

Geneva Stewart

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello what brand are you using now? And the wattage please
The wattage is 100. Idk the brand of light. I've had Mac 6 days and the light came with his terrarium. When I rescued him I was told the light was less than 6 months old. I've looked at reviews and several reptile, beardie websites. I just want to get what's right for him.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The wattage is 100. Idk the brand of light. I've had Mac 6 days and the light came with his terrarium. When I rescued him I was told the light was less than 6 months old. I've looked at reviews and several reptile, beardie websites. I just want to get what's right for him.
Hi there so the basking bulb should be a clear bright white bulb - as long as it's keeping temps to what they need to be- I don't know what your using but I can tell you what I use-- they are Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or you can try the Zoo Med repti basking bulb-- if you look on your bulb it should tell you the brand-