• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basic needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken210

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Chicken210 said:
Hi I was wondering what I would need to start easing beardies I have a tank
I was also wondering about convincing my parents! I've tried many things

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Bearded dragons are really easy pets to maintain. The first year is the most critical and requires the most work, but even that is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Here's a link to an article on our site that lists out what you need to care for your beardie.

bearded dragon basics

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions!

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Chicken210 said:
Chicken210 said:
Hi I was wondering what I would need to start easing beardies I have a tank
I was also wondering about convincing my parents! I've tried many things

Good luck with convincing the rents! Maybe if you show them that you've done your research, and provide a list of what is needed to care for your little one, then they will see that you are responsible enough to own a bearded dragon.

The link Renee provided is a good one to get you started. In summary, here is what you need to have:

1. tank
2. proper lighting
3. substrate
4. digital probe thermometer
5. furniture
6. veggies and greens
7. bath tub
8. insects
9. calcium supplement

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It does seem like a lot at first, I know it did when I got my first bearded dragon, but after awhile you realize that we all have opinions (especially on substrates) and you can find whatever you want on the net. Just think of their natural habitat and combine that with good resources and you will be fine.

Just remember they are not just any ol lizard. For example, dont expect a friend that may have an iguana to be the best advice giver for a bearded dragon. Iguana's like heat rocks, you can't have one for a beardie.

Try to find a herp vet in your area just in case you need to take your bearded dragon there in an emergency.

Learn and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.