• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Backwards nails

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
Haven't posted in a while, but today I saw my beardy has a weird, backwards nail. It shaped almost like a corkscrew. I'm just wondering, is this something to worry over, or just something that randomly happens?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Something that just randomly happens. You'll need to just keep an eye on it and make sure that it doesn't grow into its toe or foot. You can very carefully trip the tip like you do the other nails. Dexter has some gnarly back toes. I use a human toe clipper and just go real slow.

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks guys. I figured id post a photo anyway just to reassure myself. See how his far left toe is so weirdly shaped?

Attachments

• 20171020_190048.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56