• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Not Eating

MegaMuffin

Bearded Dragon Egg
About 2 months ago we purchased 2 baby bearded dragons (stupidly listening to the petstore telling us that they would be fine together and not knowing they are solitary animals). Anyways, is doing great and growing fast, the other will not eat, is surviving on Repti-Boost and is not growing.

We thought maybe she was being bullied, so we separated her into her own tank. Both tanks are set up with all the essentials, correct basking temps, cooler side temps, humidity, UVB lights, gutloaded crickets and Dubia roaches. She still wouldn’t eat. I took her to the vet and because she is so tiny they couldn’t do much but deworm her and send her home with Baytril and pain medicine. She’s pooping okay, seeing as she barely eats. I soak her often, it’s been a week since the vet and she seems more alert but still refuses to eat and doesn’t move around a whole lot. Mostly stays in one spot. What could I be doing wrong here? Why is one thriving and the other struggling to survive? It’s so sad.
59EA10D0-1E39-4258-AA6F-DFD38828181C.jpeg
They were the exact same size when we got them.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They're not all solitary lizards. You can put up to 3 females in one enclosure, granted it's big enough. You might want to bring her/him to a vet and see what is the matter. You could also just have a very small bearded dragon, which would be kinda unusual. I looked it up a little bit and didn't find much besides them saying you could mash up their salad or crickets and force feed them. You might want to do your own research first though and see if you can find something I missed. I wish you and your dragons the best of luck!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
About 2 months ago we purchased 2 baby bearded dragons (stupidly listening to the petstore telling us that they would be fine together and not knowing they are solitary animals). Anyways, is doing great and growing fast, the other will not eat, is surviving on Repti-Boost and is not growing.

We thought maybe she was being bullied, so we separated her into her own tank. Both tanks are set up with all the essentials, correct basking temps, cooler side temps, humidity, UVB lights, gutloaded crickets and Dubia roaches. She still wouldn’t eat. I took her to the vet and because she is so tiny they couldn’t do much but deworm her and send her home with Baytril and pain medicine. She’s pooping okay, seeing as she barely eats. I soak her often, it’s been a week since the vet and she seems more alert but still refuses to eat and doesn’t move around a whole lot. Mostly stays in one spot. What could I be doing wrong here? Why is one thriving and the other struggling to survive? It’s so sad.View attachment 23003 They were the exact same size when we got them.
Wow, quite the difference in size. I'm hoping that now "tiny" has been moved to a different tank, she'll thrive better. It may take a bit of time for her to acclimate to her new tank and being separated from her bud. It can also be stressful going to the vet and could be it'll take a day or so to recover from that experience, too. Not to mention any type of medicine may play havoc with their systems. Maybe give it a bit more time to see if she perks up. Hopefully her appetite and energy picks up and you won't need to resort to force feeding as BDD discovered you may need to do. Keep us updated on her progress. Have my fingers crossed.