• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby/Juvenile Beardie. Soon to be owner looking for advice on enclosure!

New or used cage?

• New

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Used

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Michael-Dean

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,

My wife and I recently got married 6 months ago and we want our first pet to be a bearded dragon. I grew up with snakes but have little experience with beardies. I have been doing a lot of research and this topic seems to be debated heavily. We are thinking about starting with a juvenile beardie and my question is, what is the best way of going about getting an enclosure? I am trying to get the best deal possible and I would rather not buy a small cage now and then upgrade later because we are on a budget (just getting married and all). I would not mind a DIY cage either if it's worth it. Tell me your thoughts on what you think is the best and why including the material, buying new or used, or DIY. Thanks all!

-MD

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm not very handy so I got a glass tank. The ExoTerra with the doors in the front are very nice because it makes it easy to reach in and get your dragon without causing them too much stress. Plus, I'm 5' tall so it's so much easier for me to clean the tank.

Sometimes Petsmart has some great sales on them. Someone just got some ExoTerras for like $21 because they were on clearance. So you just really have to look around and price things out.

Michael-Dean

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm not very handy so I got a glass tank. The ExoTerra with the doors in the front are very nice because it makes it easy to reach in and get your dragon without causing them too much stress. Plus, I'm 5' tall so it's so much easier for me to clean the tank.

Sometimes Petsmart has some great sales on them. Someone just got some ExoTerras for like $21 because they were on clearance. So you just really have to look around and price things out.

Thank you for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated