• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Biting

claire n

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon, Lasagna, is about 5 - 6 inches. I got him a little after Christmas from a PetSmart. He seemed to be very active and healthy so we picked him. In the viv, It's about 105° in the basking area and the cooler area is about 75-80°. I feed him mealworms, fruits, and vegetables. I also lightly dust the worms in a calcium supplement. Just by himself he has learned how to drink from a water bowl but I still mist him often. He also gets a bath 2x a week. He is in a 120 gallon tank (which is huge for a little guy like him) and has branches, trees, rocks, and other little places he can hide. He has reptile carpet since I have heard that anything else could be bad. The first few days back he was a bit stressed. He had gotten stress marks on his be belly but after a while they went away and he seemed very comfortable. I had handled him often with the guidance of a family member who has had one previously. After a bit I did it about everyday and he was very calm around me. Everything seemed to be going very well until yesterday when he seemed a bit off. I'm not sure if he was tired or stressed but something just didn't seem quite right. So, today while I was trying to feed him he seemed very skittish. After leaving for my daily things I came back and tried to pick him up like I usually do but he ran away. I decided not to chase him with my hand so he wouldn't be scared and waited a while. I tried again about an hour later and he hissed and opened his mouth and sorta bit me. He didn't chomp hard as I don't think he is strong enough but it still scared me. What should I do?

claire n

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the bulbs we have one Reptisun 10.0 fluorescent bulb and a 150w Exo Terra basking light (just the ones the store recommended). Should I be using a different one? Also I'm glad Blaze is letting you handle him now. I hope lasagna will be like that sometime soon. Should I just keep up the routinely feedings and baths and hope he can get used to it?