• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Beardie Only Wants Papaya, What Do I Do?

Vivianic

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! So, I have a baby bearded dragon named Thor, and I've been having troubles getting her to eat her fruits and veggies. She eats them most of the time now, although sometimes I have to use tweezers to get her to eat them (that's what I use for waxworms and other foods so I think it tricks her). She always eats more fruits than veggies, so I thought I would give her papaya, and now its the only plant matter she wants. I feel like I should refuse to give her papaya until she starts eating other plants, but I also don't want her to miss out on those nutrients...

Vivianic

Bearded Dragon Egg
What kind of UVB are you using ? The lighting in the tank is crucial--- visit this website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
She has found something that she likes but she needs protein either crickets or dubia roaches -- as many as she will eat in 10-15 minutes -- dusted w / calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week ---- lay off the fruit -
kaylyn
I'm using a dual sun lamp and a red light I cannot remember the name of, roaches are her primary source of food (but I do give her waxworms as a treat). I'll lay off the fruit for a bit until she starts eating her greens again.
Thank you so much for your help!!

Vivianic

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I will reply back later but that red bulb please get rid of it--- colored bulbs cause eye damage and long term eye damage
kaylyn
I didn't know that!!! I will remove it. How should I keep her warm during the night?