• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Beardie Never Eats

IrishMajik

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

We have an adult beardie, but also just got another baby beardie at the end of February. This one has been a much different experience. We chose her because she was she was the most lively and curious beardie. We took her home, got her set up... and she's pretty much refused to eat since then.

We've tried mealworms, wax worms, dubias, crickets - all the right size for her. She ignores them like she doesn't know what to do and lets them walk all over her. We've tried all kinds of beardie-approved veggies and fruits. We even tried Exo Terra Dragon grub (which she'd eat one or two of at a time, but now won't touch), Fluker's Dragon Diet soft bites, Nature Zone bites - all of which she wouldn't eat. I know they're not the greatest, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I read about dragons who wouldn't eat going crazy for Repashy Beardie Buffet, so I tried that. Nope.

So, for the last 11 days I've been using a feeding syringe to handfeed her Fluker's Repta+Boost as a critical care formula. She looks healthier now and she's back to being more curious and running around rather than just wanting to sleep all the time, but she still won't touch normal dragon foods. I've even tried force feeding strategies I found online, to no avail.

For her terrarium set-up, I bought a 40 gallon Thrive Bearded Dragon kit from PetSmart (https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/st...-desert-essentials-kit---40-gallon-54712.html), but replaced her basking bulb with a 150 watt intense basking bulb (https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...kVFVpNiYqBTvje1bXS0ZlzJCa1BQ9Z5waAufDEALw_wcB) because I feared maybe she wasn't warm enough so she wasn't eating. The rest of the kit we used, then added decor items. We then got an infrared temp gun because I thought maybe her temps were still off. Her basking rock was actually too hot so we moved the UVB dome over her rock and the basking bulb to the right of that - now perfect temps all around.

I have no idea what might be wrong or how to get this stubborn girl to eat. Has anyone dealt with this before? Am I missing something, or does she need to go to a vet??

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200430_213242.jpg
    20200430_213242.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200430_212558.jpg
    20200430_212558.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200430_215437.jpg
    20200430_215437.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

N W

Juvenile Dragon
If she was this way from the beginning I wonder if she already had something wrong when you got her?