• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie is not eating! Help please

Ben Beasley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Any advice???

I’ve tried crickets and locusts but he’s not eating. I’ve only had him for a few days so Is he just settling in?

Starting to worry a bit.

lesmisfan

Bearded Dragon Egg
What's your setup like? Hot spot temps? Uvb bulb being used? What type?
4fa336ccf32a269cd11ebd7e8632efb9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most likely your dragon is just going thru what we call a relocation stress period.. How old is your dragon? Sometimes the younger ones will eat right away compared to the older ones.. Dragons just don't really like change very much..Just keep offering live food and try a variety, and keep offering a nice bowl of greens and in time they will eat..This time can be a few days to a few weeks.. If they are pooping they are eating something..
You can also cover 3 sides of their enclosure to decrease any outside stress that they may be seeing, and offer plenty of hiding places..

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
If all else fails try hornworms, even when stressed seems they cant resist them. Will keep them hydrated, a couple a day. Then maybe a few waxworms or butterworms. Once they star eating a little it triggers their appetite sometimes. Might take a few days.

AnandaTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
When mine doesn't eat for longer than I feel comfortable with, I give him baby food diluted with water. He, oddly enough, loves it. Its a great way to get water in him, give him vitamins, and mix up his diet.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When mine doesn't eat for longer than I feel comfortable with, I give him baby food diluted with water. He, oddly enough, loves it. Its a great way to get water in him, give him vitamins, and mix up his diet.

Baby food isn't the greatest with the sugars and preservatives, it would be better if you blend up their greens and supplements and bugs even in a magic bullet type add in coconut water for moisture..

AnandaTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The baby food I feed mine has neither preservatives nor sugar unless they are absent from the ingredients list. One thing it does have: water. I think its a great way to get water in the little guy.