1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Diet' started by xcaliber, Dec 27, 2019.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Bearded Dragon Egg

My bearded dragon is about 9.5 inches long my 1st purchase for crickets was 2 week ones and they were way smaller then its eye gap and they didn't last very long so this past day I got 3 week crickets they are 1/2" long.

I fed it about 15-20 today as well as greens and 3 superworms and wasn't really interested in the last few crickets I put in. They do fit in its mouth no problem are these fine? I am guessing maybe a full belly or am I overfeeding?

There is so much different what to do and what not to do or this guy feeds _____ amount and the other guy feeds _____ and im not going to lie its a bit overwealming.
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

Feed him as many as he can eat in a 10-15 minute time frame -- he needs salads first thing in the morning before you feed him his staple feeder - you want him eating salads now or he will not eat them when he gets older --- fresh greens here is a website for you--
    http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html--- you need to get a glass bowl / dish something worms cannot get out of --- take 1-3 super worms depending on how big your dragon is get either small if you can find them or medium put them on top of his salad along w/ some BSFL you can order from here
    https://symtonbsf.com/-- these are a great staple feeder and do not need to be dusted -- use as many as you want --- put them on top of salad as well -- this will entice him to the bowl -- let him eat from that bowl for say an hr or so - then add his staple feeder - crickets you can disable or you can get some dubia roaches they are the best for nutrition -- you can order these from here www.abdragons.com - www.dubiaroaches.com or www.mulberryfarms.com or www.joshsfrogs.com---- you can also get some butter worms horn worms they grow fast and are a great hydrating worm --- dubias are easier to keep than crickets they dont stink dont chirp and last a long time --------- you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and feed them dubia food and carrots for hydration or even food your feeding your dragon --- dragons like variety ---- make sure you lighting is correct ---- in the last few days I have had people post about dragons not eating cant walk cant eat its been terrible - one was put down it had MBD so bad --- so for your lighting make sure you have basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a infrared heat gun and or a digital probe --- the UVB needs to be a TUBE not a COIL I call it a death coil --- Tube should be a Reptisun 10.0 either the T 8 or T 5 they are the best on the market or the Arcadia bulbs they are fantastic as well -- if you have any questions please ask --------------NO colored bulbs - they cause eye issues that can be long term and disrupt their sleep ---