• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

baby bearded dragon

Phillip jarrells

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was hoping someone could help me i just got my bearded dragon today and it says the hotspot has to be 95 to 100 degrees but i can't get it to go past 84 any suggestions would really help thx

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Ha! I just replied in the other thread. This new thread is better. How are you measuring temps? A probe thermometer works, heat guns are the best. If you have a good way to measure and it’s still that low, you need a higher watt bulb to give off more heat. What kind of bulb are you using?

Kyler

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have a baby bearded dragon I just got it says the hotspot should be 95 to 100 degrees but i can't get it to go past 84 any suggestions would really help thx

I had to take my girls bulb from a 60 watt to a 75 watt to get her to proper temperatures. I also suggest investing (they really are not expensive) in a heat gun to use along with your in tank thermometer. This just makes sure that the in tank thermometer is working right, as I have found they are not super accurate. Best of luck!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The temp for a baby needs to be much higher 107-110 degrees. Like the others said, get a temp gun to measure your temps.