• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ate a wild mouse

llazylizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was sitting outside with my boy when suddenly he bolted off. I saw him bend down to eat something and I figured it was just a bug until I heard it squeak. I run over and there's half a mouse hanging out of his mouth. I'm ashamed to admit that I was too shocked to grab it away from him, and he swallowed it.
It was an adult mouse with fur and everything, but it didn't look too big. From what I could see, about an inch wide? He swallowed it without choking or anything.
I'm going to feed him activated charcoal in case of any poison and make him drink some water. Should I be very worried about impaction or anything? Tomorrow I'm leaving on vacation and the local pet store is going to take care of him for a week. Any special instructions I should give them?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was sitting outside with my boy when suddenly he bolted off. I saw him bend down to eat something and I figured it was just a bug until I heard it squeak. I run over and there's half a mouse hanging out of his mouth. I'm ashamed to admit that I was too shocked to grab it away from him, and he swallowed it.
It was an adult mouse with fur and everything, but it didn't look too big. From what I could see, about an inch wide? He swallowed it without choking or anything.
I'm going to feed him activated charcoal in case of any poison and make him drink some water. Should I be very worried about impaction or anything? Tomorrow I'm leaving on vacation and the local pet store is going to take care of him for a week. Any special instructions I should give them?
Watch for a black beard and he needs to watch for impaction - let the people know --