• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ate a rock

Michael James

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 14 month old beardie accidentally ate a little rock, about the size of fish tank gravel. Will this pass naturally at some point? I know dirt and sand can sometimes cause an impaction. What is my next course of action? I will try and get him to drink a bit more water to soften up his stool. Anyone ever have this accidentally happen?

LiamR

Hatchling Dragon
My 14 month old beardie accidentally ate a little rock, about the size of fish tank gravel. Will this pass naturally at some point? I know dirt and sand can sometimes cause an impaction. What is my next course of action? I will try and get him to drink a bit more water to soften up his stool. Anyone ever have this accidentally happen?
I'd say get your Beardie x-rayed by a vet that specializes in exotic animals. It may or may not cause impaction, though you can try it just to be safe.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More than likely it should pass fine just keep an eye out for it..keep him hydrated and if he shows problems and hasn't pooped like normal then get him checked..

Latest posts