• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arizona is still small !

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
She is almost 5 months according to the breeder and only 9 inches ! Why do you believe she is tiny? She has the proper set up ,loves to eat veggies and worms and crickets. She eats about 15 daily now but that's all she eats other than her salads. I always dust my dragons food . she sheds so much and never has stress stripes. she loves to be held and petted.she is not on sand her basking spot is 100 and her cool places are 80-70. I believe she should be growing faster.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386433648.400606.jpg

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Like i said before hun, all beardies grow at different speeds. She may be a little on the small side but if she has no stress marks she is most likely happy and fine. Alex likes his basking spot at 105-10 degrees but that mainly just helps with digestion. As long as you are feeding her regularly and offering greens all day as well as giving her multivites and calcium about every other day or 3 times a week she should be just fine:) Oh and another thing about dusting her food, its just my personal opinion but i dont dust his veggies. Also dusting crickets is advisable but it can be a hit or miss. Some beardies do not like their food dusted all of the time. Try only dusting them three times a week and see if she eats more when they are dusted less.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
I understand your worry:). Alex has only shed a few times and i was very worried about him for a while. Now i feel like he sheds so fast i dont even see him shed.

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Small but hella cute!!, As long as you know your doing your best, don’t worry to much about size, just like people beardies grow at different rates

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Oh and adding on to what i said before, crickets are a huge part of what makes beardies grow. They need the protein in crickets to grow. The more fed to them, the faster they grow typically. Alex ate 40 a day when he was little thats how he has grown so fast

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
Ok I measured her last night and she is 9 and 1/2 inches now . I also am feeding twice a day on crickets and doing worms and salad together.

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
I just wanted to update everyone, Arizona is now 11 inches currently!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387846462.907992.jpg

She has been having a much better drive for food, thank you all for the help !