• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arcadia and Exoterra

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
So I’m trying to add allot more high quality variety to Puffs diet. Puff gets greens daily, usually collards, and small amounts of fruit (depending on what’s on sale that week at publix), as well as Mazuris bearded dragon diet, and occasionally feeder bugs (was using super worms, now using silkworms). And I was curious to try some other diets as a variety, such as ; Exo Terra’s Dragon grub, Arcadia Earthpro Dragon fuel, Repashy grub pie and Arcadia Earthpro Omni gold. I wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with these, or use them regularly, and how they feel about them?
Puff will eat anything, so I don’t worry about whether he’ll eat it or not.
8cd78f0bc1978589735b81fe0507a442.png
8679bc50faca0ebdbb6c872ca0baf627.png
81837a6b1b25737ec3d801e67a7ca15b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't use anything by Zoomed or Zilla. I have used Grub Pie before and it's always hit or miss. I usually make a huge batch and end up feeding most of it to my feeders. I have heard really good things about the Arcadia products, the Omni Gold is supposed to be good. Of course nothing beats feeding live feeders and fresh greens but it's good to mix it up with occasionally as long as the food doesn't have any added preservatives or dyes.

magpie

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry this post is old, but I'm curious if you tried any of these (particularly curious about the Arcadia and Repashy ones) and if Puff likes them or not?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry this post is old, but I'm curious if you tried any of these (particularly curious about the Arcadia and Repashy ones) and if Puff likes them or not?

I’ve heard the Arcadia one is good. When mine need an extra boost because they have refused food, I give them Pangea with bugs. It’s a created gecko diet with all the calcium and supplements that are needed. I’ve recommended it to a few people with sick dragons and when they told their vets about it the vets said it was a great idea to use it.

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
Great, will add to the list, thank you.
Sorry for such a late response! I never did get the exiterra or Arcadia (yet). But puff LOVES his repashy grub pie and veggie burger. I make it into little gel squares and he eats them right up. I also got the repashy superload feeder guy load. And I’m still using mazuris better bug feeder gutload and the mazuri bearded dragon diet (dry pellet) with fresh greens and fruit every day. :)

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks!

I've heard of people using the grub pie and veggie burger to gutload, too.
Yup! If puff doesn’t eat all of, I throw them into the feeders. And they eat them up in a couple of hours.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use the grub pie or veggie burger for my hornworms when they run out of food.

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
Yep! Repashy also now makes hornworm food. Hornworms will also eat greens, just be warned that it turns their poop black and the worms green!
Okay that’s just more incentive for me to feed them greens!