• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arcadia 39w T5 D3+ 12% UVB 34"

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
Does anyone have a better idea of how long the
actually last for ?
I'm told to replace every 4 months by the vet, even though the brand claims it can be 9 to 12 months life span.
I generally hear every 6 months.

I've had mine since January

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does anyone have a better idea of how long the
actually last for ?
I'm told to replace every 4 months by the vet, even though the brand claims it can be 9 to 12 months life span.
I generally hear every 6 months.

I've had mine since January
T 5 approx one yr I recommend a month prior to

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
T 5 approx one yr I recommend a month prior to
I believe I read on another post , to limit the calcium with this bulb? Is that true? If so how often should I give him the calcium and multiavitim supplement?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I believe I read on another post , to limit the calcium with this bulb? Is that true? If so how often should I give him the calcium and multiavitim supplement?
How old is the dragon? For over a year or around a year old the calcium D3 should be cut back to 1-2 times when the dragon is fed insects - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week - the other times he should be getting regular calcium w/ no phosphate - lightly coated on the insects - the D3 bulb is going to help w/ the calcium -- vitamins should be given every couple of feeding as well - if the dragon is eating his greens and its a variety I wouldnt worry about it so much hes going to get his vitamins thru them - if hes not eating them then I would maybe dust the insects w/ vitamins / calcium on the insects w/ 1-2 feedings -

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
How old is the dragon? For over a year or around a year old the calcium D3 should be cut back to 1-2 times when the dragon is fed insects - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week - the other times he should be getting regular calcium w/ no phosphate - lightly coated on the insects - the D3 bulb is going to help w/ the calcium -- vitamins should be given every couple of feeding as well - if the dragon is eating his greens and its a variety I wouldnt worry about it so much hes going to get his vitamins thru them - if hes not eating them then I would maybe dust the insects w/ vitamins / calcium on the insects w/ 1-2 feedings -
He is 4 years old, and apparently has been feed spring mix and a bunch of blueberries. They say he likes kale, but never mentioned anything else, nor did they give my friend any supplements. Along with him came an expired bottle(2021) of electrolytes/vitamins, so I'm thinking that was from the previous owner before the one I got him from .

So I definitely want to get him off on the right track right away

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is 4 years old, and apparently has been feed spring mix and a bunch of blueberries. They say he likes kale, but never mentioned anything else, nor did they give my friend any supplements. Along with him came an expired bottle(2021) of electrolytes/vitamins, so I'm thinking that was from the previous owner before the one I got him from .

So I definitely want to get him off on the right track right away
Please lay off the blueberries they should be fed occasionally --- too much sugar - spring mix is fine and it he like kale feed it to him its a great staple feeder - if hes eating his salads the vitamins wont need to be fed so much -- but the calcium he will need

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
Please lay off the blueberries they should be fed occasionally --- too much sugar - spring mix is fine and it he like kale feed it to him its a great staple feeder - if hes eating his salads the vitamins wont need to be fed so much -- but the calcium he will need
That's what I figured about the fruit. My friend went and grabbed collard greens and kale, and he is eating them up:)

How often should I do the calcium and vitamins would you say?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's what I figured about the fruit. My friend went and grabbed collard greens and kale, and he is eating them up:)

How often should I do the calcium and vitamins would you say?
When you feed insects 2-3 times per week alternate between them

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-100121_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220902-100121_Snapchat.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
And I'll post more once u get him home

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-104540_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220902-104540_Snapchat.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220902-104531_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220902-104531_Snapchat.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220901-183527_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-183527_Snapchat.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220901-185320_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-185320_Snapchat.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220901-193957_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-193957_Snapchat.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 29

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And I'll post more once u get him home
He looks in good condition but we need to get him under the correct surface basking temps and the good UVB -- keep me posted on him - he will go thru relocation stress so hes eating may be off a week or so - give him time to adjust to the tank and his surroundings just feed him as you normally do

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
Still with my friend until I'm able to pick him up tomorrow, how do those claws look to you? Long lol?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-131223_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-131223_Snapchat.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 26

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
So little update, Sunday night I put him in the tank in his blanket and he slept .
Yesterday roamed around tank, and I had him out in blanket for couple hours as well and he seemed fine with that. Today I just got back from work and see he stayed in his bed all day, I move him to put him under the light, so he could warm up and eat soon, because I notice his head occasionally shakes really fast? His face isn't moving but the back of his head seems to be trembling. Hopefully I'm describing okay. Sound like mbd? And if so how much more calcium should I give weekly ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So little update, Sunday night I put him in the tank in his blanket and he slept .
Yesterday roamed around tank, and I had him out in blanket for couple hours as well and he seemed fine with that. Today I just got back from work and see he stayed in his bed all day, I move him to put him under the light, so he could warm up and eat soon, because I notice his head occasionally shakes really fast? His face isn't moving but the back of his head seems to be trembling. Hopefully I'm describing okay. Sound like mbd? And if so how much more calcium should I give weekly ?
I am not sure I need to have some one else weigh in on this- how much calcium are you giving now and is it both d 3 and regular?

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
We picked him up Sunday evening,
So I only gave him some yesterday and a little more today. He came with an expired from last year bottle of multivitamin, so I'm not sure how long he's gone without proper supplements.

This is the calcium I currently have.
This one includes the D3.
Do I need one without as well?

Attachments

• 20220906_202308.jpg
    20220906_202308.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We picked him up Sunday evening,
So I only gave him some yesterday and a little more today. He came with an expired from last year bottle of multivitamin, so I'm not sure how long he's gone without proper supplements.

This is the calcium I currently have.
This one includes the D3.
Do I need one without as well?
He is very handsome, is he a leatherback?
I see they have the calcium carbonate powder? It is probably still good, as the powders do tend to last
awhile if kept properly.
Personally, I would highly recommend a calcium liquid like what I have in my online store. He has most
likely not had good quality supplementation for awhile & for his size, he does need it.
Here is a link for the calci-blast calcium, if they wanted to try it:

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you! I picked him up from my friend now a few days ago, and I think he is a leather back? Based off comparing pictures from the internet! Lol

And yes that calcium I have, expires next year .
I'd love to purchase that, should I alternate between both calciums?