• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone know what this is and what i can do to cure it?

Xmi

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has gotten very sick recently and I don't know what it is and i don't know how to reverse it I've been having to force feed him due to loss of appetite and not eating on his own I also noticed that his eyes are sunken in and his fat pads on his head and tail base are sunken in aswell his hip bones are also visible and his droppings are very soft and tend to get on his tail. Here's qhat he looks like:
20220604_160730.jpg
20220604_160852.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon has gotten very sick recently and I don't know what it is and i don't know how to reverse it I've been having to force feed him due to loss of appetite and not eating on his own I also noticed that his eyes are sunken in and his fat pads on his head and tail base are sunken in aswell his hip bones are also visible and his droppings are very soft and tend to get on his tail. Here's qhat he looks like:View attachment 32242View attachment 32241

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please go over your lighting -- uvb coil or tube? Basking temps and how you taking them? This is extremely important to the health of your dragon-- if any of this is off he will not eat

Xmi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over your lighting -- uvb coil or tube? Basking temps and how you taking them? This is extremely important to the health of your dragon-- if any of this is off he will not eat
I have a normal 100v bulb one side is about 90 degrees and the other is cooler at 80 degress

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a normal 100v bulb one side is about 90 degrees and the other is cooler at 80 degress
Please tell me the brand of the 100 bulb and what about a UVB? Lighting and temps will control the dragon 90 is not hot enough for basking temps for a adult dragon it should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- they will not eat with out proper temps and UVB this is crucial ---------- No coils for a UVB no colored bulbs for heat no daytime bulbs for basking they have a neodymium coating thats bad for the eyes -- you need a solid clear bright white basking bulb examples would be Exo Terra Intense or a Flukers or a Zoo Med Repti basking bulb or a Arcadia Halogen ----------- a long tube fixture for a UVB like a Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12 % bulb those are the best on the market at this time -- those are good for 40 + gallon tanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had someone else look at your dragon and shes asking the same things I am

long with making sure they have proper lighting the dragon might need to have a vet test for parasites.

How long have they owned the beardie and how old are the uvb lights ?

Xmi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had someone else look at your dragon and shes asking the same things I am

long with making sure they have proper lighting the dragon might need to have a vet test for parasites.

How long have they owned the beardie and how old are the uvb

Xmi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've used the same light brand that I got with my 40 gal tank for him. But I'm noticing 2 things just now his tongue is full yellow and the tip of his tail is darker than the rest. Also starting to notices discolored spots on his back leg. I want to go see a vet buy every single vet in my area is out for a month and the only vet I'd be able to take him to is a 6 hour drive. It also seems like his eyes are just sinking more and more.
16546542723439121628486886290804.jpg
16546543780231619041297821811411.jpg
16546544046435154886552105068488.jpg
16546544244903062475299253187685.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've used the same light brand that I got with my 40 gal tank for him. But I'm noticing 2 things just now his tongue is full yellow and the tip of his tail is darker than the rest. Also starting to notices discolored spots on his back leg. I want to go see a vet buy every single vet in my area is out for a month and the only vet I'd be able to take him to is a 6 hour drive. It also seems like his eyes are just sinking more and more.View attachment 32253View attachment 32254View attachment 32255View attachment 32256
Please go over the uvb-- details of the uvb where in the tank how old is the bulb basking bulb brand and temps we need surface basking temps take w/ a digital probe thermometer- pics would be great these things we are asking control the behavior and overall health-- if your using a coil uvb I am going to say that is the first problem

Sturner007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

your beardie needs water asap! The most common sign of dehydration is sunken eyes! He/she needs water IMMEDIATELY. Use a syringe and put it in the corner of his or her mouth and allow them to slowly drink. You will need to ask your vet how much water they need based on weight. If he/she is not drinking on her own she needs to be given water by hand daily.

Please do this asap or your beardie will not make it. It is DIRE that they get water. They are dessert animals and need to be kept hydrated at all times.

Please ask if you have questions or concerns.

Ps don’t do too much water in one sitting gradually work up to it and you will start to see a difference in his/ her eyes/scales and body in general.

This is not something you want to mess with.

As always if urgent go to your vet immediately for IV fluids.

Best of luck,
Samantha