• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone ever sleep with their beardie?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, a few nights ago, my halogen floodlights from GE kept burning out and shorting out. I figured bad case of bulbs because I kept bringing them back within three days. (They usually last longer.) I dug in the way back for this bulb-an older model made from 2012. (Those did last longer than the 2013 versions.) Ok. The second bulb broke off in the fixture and the screw in part detached. I brought it back for another one and they 'fixed it' they said. They put it back together. Got home, put it into the fixture and it blew along with all of my lights for Allie's tank. UVB, Infrared Light, and her bulb. I went and got another one the next morning. (Dum dums.)

Last night, it went to 10 degrees last night. My house has no central heat and air. So no heat in the house whatsoever except for space heaters. Didn't even work except for the ones pointed at me and Allie and one pointed to my bird. Allie slept in her carrying case on my nightstand at first. Then I woke up and felt for the heat. (I was doing this all night long.) It was weaker, so I pulled Allie's carrying case into my bed, covered her carrying case and her up with me to warm up. I had batting and her two fleece blankets in the carrying case and it was all warm. Not hot, just warm and cozy. I was afraid that I'd hurt her if I had her on me, so I had her in her carrying case. She stands a better chance and I was aware of her being next to her carrying case.

I ordered her CHE and it should be arriving soon.

Keegirl96

Hatchling Dragon
Aw, I wouldve done the same thing if any of that happened to my beardies.

Ive never "slept" with my beardies, I have fallen asleep briefly with Sydney cuddled up next to me on the couch (and ofcourse under the blankets) when it was cold but I awakened almost immediately (in fear of that I'd roll over and crush her) but other than that I've never slept with them next to me.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's a hard leather rectangular dog carrier with dog bones on it and a thin pad. It works for her transport and keeps her safe from being crushed when I sleep with her during the winter months when the heat isn't working.

Attachments

• simplydog.jpg
    simplydog.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 266

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sherpa small animal. Top zips open. End zips open. Mesh on 3 sides. Pocket on far side.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392301097.819607.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392301097.819607.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 468

tresbienensemble

Hatchling Dragon
Oo I like this. Maybe line it with the same carpet he has in his tank. My dragon likes to sleep tucked between a rock and a hard place so maybe get him a stone to cuddle with ;-)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I take naps with Dexter on the couch all the time. I put her on my chest under the heated blanket and she usually falls right asleep. I try to put my hands close to her so I can feel her if she walks away. The other day I fell asleep with her on the pillow next to my head, I thought she fell asleep but my boyfriend snapped a photo and she was wide awake just sitting there watching me!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww! Sleeping bearded dragons are like dogs. I love your photo of your's Canicke on your profile pic. Looks like they're trying to climb out.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He loves going outside and knows where the front door is. So - yeah - he is trying to escape (but he cant reach the door knob) !!

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
if i could i would sleep with my lil bandit but i know i would roll on top of him and that would kill me if i accidentaly hurt him

Dealthand

Bearded Dragon Egg
I sleep with mine every night. Usually he will just sleep under the pillows I have placed for him, but sometimes he likes to cuddle, which I don't like because he is to prickly. Every night in his cage he keeps from falling asleep and waits for me to come get him....he just follows me with his eyes knowing it's about that time. My wife hates it, but luckily he stays on my side ;)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow :) I've taken naps with Izzy during the day I usually have her under my fleece and have a cover on us... Like PatsyB I'll have my hands by her so if she moves I wake up.. I let her sleep in her tank safe from the cats during the night hours :) She does like to cuddle and at times I have to move her because she's too rough skinned lol I let her nap the evening away on my chest before bedtime.

Richard Rovegno

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardie Bam Bam sleeps in a towel on our bed from time to time. He will lay there asleep all night. Initially, we put him in a container to protect him from being rolled over on, but now we just wrap him up in a towel and position him against the wall. He loves it.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just know your beardie is way safer sleeping in their tanks at night..I say this because I know of friends that have fallen asleep with theirs out on the bed/couch and have rolled over on them and didn't know it until it was too late... Not something I would ever want to experience personally.. all efforts were done to bring them back with no luck.. So please let them sleep in their own quarters just better off.

Richard Rovegno

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just know your beardie is way safer sleeping in their tanks at night..I say this because I know of friends that have fallen asleep with theirs out on the bed/couch and have rolled over on them and didn't know it until it was too late... Not something I would ever want to experience personally.. all efforts were done to bring them back with no luck.. So please let them sleep in their own quarters just better off.
Thank you. I make sure he is against the wall and a body pillow is between us so that will not happen. I have the same fear, but he loves sleeping there.