• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another question.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I've had the little ones for 2 days now and yesterday they ate about 10 pin heads and 3 or 4 meal worms each
And they both went poo so I know their not impacted and everything is being digested
Today I dropped some pin heads in the tank and they aren't interested and I also have a plate with fresh greens with calcium sprinkled on it
I also have a bowl with about 15 meal worms in it and they aren't eating anything
Is this normal?
Could they be stressed?

I'm just lost right now. ..they are so small 9 grams to be exact I just don't want to be left with 2 dead dragons

Unlike leopard geckos which store fat in their tails
I'm not worried if my geckos don't eat for a week or so

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcomeB3_zpsde6bbbdd.jpg

BDs can go through an acclimation period upon re-homing that can last a week to 10+ days which may very well be affecting it's appetite & is quite normal. During this time, it is generally best to keep handling to a minimum, to maintenance only, to help make the transition as stress free as possible.

Please separate them as soon as possible ...

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

UVB Setup

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon