• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

And I thought Humans were the only ones!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought humans were the only species to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Allie sure is having a bad day. I took her out this morning and she started slowly getting a black beard. Then I left her alone for a few hours to see if she'd feel better. No such luck! I took her out to feed her her crickets and she turned black beard again. I put her back into her tank with her lights and salad. Her beard was puffed out with shed skin. (Shedding pieces of her beard.) Maybe tomorrow'll be a better day for her.

I finally found some endive and mixed her turnip greens and endive together. So hopefully, she'll eat and then I'll put her to bed.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
It's definitely true that beardies can wake up on the wrong side of the bed!!! Especially when they are shedding. My beardie is shedding like crazy right now and he is kind of cranky but lucky for me he still eats while he is shedding so that's good. My beardie won't eat any vegetables yet, but I am trying! I hope she is feeling better!:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes. She's feeling much better and less cranky. I've got the feeling she must have had a restless night that night.

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
I've had Charizard refusing to eat, running away when we try to pick him up but as soon as he decides he wants to eat he's more than happy to come out! Sometimes just a bit moody :) x