• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Am i setting it up right?

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys! Im adopting my first beardie soon and wanted to make sure im doing everything right. Im getting him a 40gallon tank, reptile carpet, 2 hides and a low basking branch, large water dish, heat day bulb and night bulb, uvb bilb (not coil). Anything i should add/change?

Beardie info:
Male
2 years old
Previous broken back, cannot climb well
21 in long

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't get the water dish. Water will just raise the humidity and plus a water dish with a disabled dragon just spells disaster. The low basking branch is a good idea. I know people that have a disabled dragon that use ramps for things in the tank so they can get up to things but not too high.

You don't need a night heat bulb unless your house drops below 65 degrees, an then if it does you want to use a ceramic heat emitter. It emits heat with no visible light.

I would get a temp gun to measure your temps on both sides of the tank.

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I wouldn't get the water dish. Water will just raise the humidity and plus a water dish with a disabled dragon just spells disaster. The low basking branch is a good idea. I know people that have a disabled dragon that use ramps for things in the tank so they can get up to things but not too high.

You don't need a night heat bulb unless your house drops below 65 degrees, an then if it does you want to use a ceramic heat emitter. It emits heat with no visible light.

I would get a temp gun to measure your temps on both sides of the tank.

Ok thank you! Ill def return the water dish. 0