• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Am I off to the right start?

Natitude

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve had my dragon a week this past Sunday and just want to make sure I’m doing it right and everything seems about normal for a week in. Temps are 108 basking side and 81 cool side with humidity hovering around 40ish. Using a 36” Acadia UVB and a 150 watt basking bulb. He’s eating a little of his salad everyday that I alternate with carrots, red peppers, and mango every three days. For dinner he’s getting 20 or so Dubias that I hand feed, hoping it’ll help him get use to me. He’s still pretty skittish when I walk into the room, but will let me pick him up and will stay there. Today I did have a first and got the Beardie attitude I’ve been reading about and he really didn’t want to be held. I know I’ve read it takes time for them to adjust, I just want to make sure I’m doing it right in helping him to adjust. Also, would his 75 gallon tank add to the adjustment period being its bigger than what he was use to at the store? Thanks for reading and the replies in advance.... just want my Beardie getting the best.

Natitude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Forgot to send this website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

They like variety
kaylyn

Thanks! I give him/her (only two months old), a fresh salad every morning. Collard greens and alternate days between mango, carrots, or red peppers. And I’ve been dusting his/her live food with repashy plus during the week and not dusting on the weekend. I’ll find something to put in the tank of mine.... like that idea.

Thanks for the link as well.

Natitude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Forgot to send this website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

They like variety
kaylyn

Forgot to ask. Thinking about getting mealworms to alternate the dubias with. I started a dubia colony last week, but will take a couple months to be self sustained. Figured with the dubias I have for feeders now and the mealworms it’ll hold me off until I can use my own breeders from the colony. Are mealworms pretty good for Beardies?