• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Alex wont eat different greens or fruits?

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
For the past week Alex has only eaten escarole from his plate. He used to eat a few carrot slices once a week, plenty of escarole daily, a blueberry here and there, cherry tomatoes, collard greens, and the occasional kale. He literally eats around everything and will only eat escarole. Does anyone know why? Its not bad that hes eating plenty of escarole because its very good for him but shouldnt he be eating more than one type of greens?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's fine he's just eating the escarole. They get picky and will stop eating things that they used to like and then start eating them again weeks later. For a long time Dexter would only eat one COLOR of food! I would stop feeding the tomato, tomato plant leaves are toxic. I remember reading tomatoes are bad.

Also, just make sure the basking spot is the right temp AND the cool side is the right temp. Dexter wasn't eating any greens and then I noticed her "cool" side was only about 73 during the day. I warmed it up and she's back to eating greens.