• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Affection

jackson882

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
A silly question it may seem but can bearded dragons show affection?
Our little one lies on the shoulder with her nose pressed against our necks. Is this normal? She seems very relaxed but we were just wondering if anyone else experiences other signs of affection.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes, all three of the beardies I am around display affection. Nuzzling, running to me when they see me, etc.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think they are capable of showing some sort of affection. They do bond with their caretakers and often crave their attention. Mine was pacing back and forth in his enclosure today until I finally opened the door and of all the places he could've gone, he chose to run up on my lap and stay there content as can be.

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
today with all her fussing and not wanting to be held. right before i put her to bed and left for work, i reached in and picked her up. i didnt take her out of the cage just held her in there. she started to climb up my arm and proceeded to lick me. i thought it was really cute. shed move farther up lick lick. again the same. till she was about to my elbow then i realzied that was to far and put her back. it felt so nice to have her do that.

Krypt0nite1989

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My dragons does that too, pushing his nose against my neck and keep it pressed there.

I'm gone home at work all day, I really think he enjoys seeing me when I come home.
Starts to run around and usually doesn't want to go back in his cage when I try to put him in it.

I slept with him on my chest one day for about two hours. He never moved.

I'm new with the dragons, but so far these guys are complicated and a very nice pet to have.
Shows more affection then a dog I had.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine all perk up when the Grandkids are here!! Yosh especially does better for them. I have one dragon who pretends to be grumpy all the time. But when I pick him up he snuggles right down and wants to be held the rest of the day. So sweet when I finally go to put him back and he tries to scamper back into my arms. How can I resist that?

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey guys im new to the site....but my dragons do the same they love being held. every time i try and put them back they just try and crawl back up lol....so funny