• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice needed

Jessica Booth

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! This is Hope and she hasnt pooped in almost 2 weeks[emoji848] We've been bathing her twice a day in warm water, massaging her stomach & flap in the bath... we have tried olive oil, baby food (apple sauce & Prunes) with no luck. Any and all suggestions/advice welcome! Thanks in advance
ea0fe38f94cfd7569153e0e2522f8e0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is she eating normal? What are her tank temps? What substrate do you have in her tank? Have you tried 100% pure pumpkin puree (in the baking section for pumpkin pies **just plain pumpkin**) add enough water to it to be able to do a slurry with it. Have you tried hornworms? Be careful with the baby food as they don't need the added sugar. It would be better to use her greens and make a slurry with them that way it's better for her and your adding more water to help..

Jessica Booth

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is she eating normal? What are her tank temps? What substrate do you have in her tank? Have you tried 100% pure pumpkin puree (in the baking section for pumpkin pies **just plain pumpkin**) add enough water to it to be able to do a slurry with it. Have you tried hornworms? Be careful with the baby food as they don't need the added sugar. It would be better to use her greens and make a slurry with them that way it's better for her and your adding more water to help..
Yep, shes eating greens daily. Shes not much for protein anymore but we do give her 2 super worms per day (one in the morning and one at night). Tank temps are 90-110 during the day & drops down to about 70 at night. I have not tried pumpkin so I will go get that today. As for hornworms.. tomorrow makes 2 weeks since she had one and the last time she pooped.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, shes eating greens daily. Shes not much for protein anymore but we do give her 2 super worms per day (one in the morning and one at night). Tank temps are 90-110 during the day & drops down to about 70 at night. I have not tried pumpkin so I will go get that today. As for hornworms.. tomorrow makes 2 weeks since she had one and the last time she pooped.

Any updates? you can increase the temp a bit and keep giving watered down pumpkin or the greens and well she's got to go sometime...the female I had would go 20-35 days between (not often but)

Jessica Booth

Bearded Dragon Egg
Any updates? you can increase the temp a bit and keep giving watered down pumpkin or the greens and well she's got to go sometime...the female I had would go 20-35 days between (not often but)
I gave her a big juicy hornworm at 2PM today, another warm bath this evening and lots of exercise... 11PM and still nothing (shes been asleep ofcourse since 730PM) I did not make it to the store to get pumpkin but she drank plenty of water today & she ate most of her greens. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get pumpkin and will continue bathing her.

Jessica Booth

Bearded Dragon Egg
I gave her a big juicy hornworm at 2PM today, another warm bath this evening and lots of exercise... 11PM and still nothing (shes been asleep ofcourse since 730PM) I did not make it to the store to get pumpkin but she drank plenty of water today & she ate most of her greens. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get pumpkin and will continue bathing her.

I havent had a chance to get on here... Hope finally pooped yesterday! So 2 weeks exactly! There was ALOT of it! Definitely 2 weeks worth.
30362cec0ad41b0b390f694b598bff91.jpg

Tanner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh wow how does that happen [emoji50]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol not really sure sometimes they will just not go..sometimes its temp, a change in something, their lighting will be old even new ones will affect them. A change in food...meds. parasites...
That's why trying to get their schedule and behavior is important so you know when to worry...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have a big girl that will hold it for weeks at a time and then let it all out. I think she hates me LOL!