• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thunderheart

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!! I have a young beardie (probably only a couple months old, I have had him now for approximately two months and I believe I got him when he was already a couple months old at least) and I am struggling to get him to eat anything other than crickets and waxworms.
I only give him waxworms as treats, usually one or two a day while I'm holding him (to encourage him to like me and such) and I've been feeding him crickets for his meals.
I keep trying to get him to eat veggies, but he seems to rather go hungry then to eat them. So far, I have tried these methods:
Changing the veggie (different mixes of Collard Greens, mustard greens, peppers, mango, blueberry)
Apple juice (I read that making the food smell sweet helps them want to eat it and to try apple juice)
Put the food on a white paper towel (so they can be like "Oh! Bright food against white! what a contrast!"
Putting out veggies before mealtimes and waiting a while to see if he eats (he has skipped meals because I had hoped he would eat them if he was hungry and he never did)
Mixing some waxworms (his fav) in with the veggies to see if he would accidentally eat a veggie with it (he is very good at picking them out or spitting out the veggie if it does get into his mouth)
Putting tiny pieces of veggie around his cage to see if he would eat any of them by accident or be curious and eat them

If anyone can help me with this, that would be awesome. I just really want to get variety in his diet and to get him to eat more veggies from a younger age if possible so he isn't as picky when he is older.

Thanks!