• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ADV

Staciej

Bearded Dragon Egg
Someone told me I should have my BD’s tested for ADV is this necessary or what should I look for to know if they need tested. We have a 14 month old Hypo Ice X Super citrus normal scale and 8 month old Hypo Zero Leatherback. We have had the older one to the vet because of her skinned toe and was given a clean bill of health.
Thank you for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
are your beardies exhibiting any signs of illness? if I'm rememberrem correctly adv is highly contagious and there are obvious signs such as a wobbly head, stargazing I believe it's called. I honestly have no experience with adv in my dragons. so I cant say for sure but if in doubt go to the vet and ask them about it.

Staciej

Bearded Dragon Egg
We contacted our vet and they told us to test would be $500 for both. I love them to death but can’t afford to pay that much right now. They both eat great, go to the bathroom regularly and urates look good (if they can look good) I don’t see any obvious signs of illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smawg

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If your beardie doesn't show signs of illness, more then likely he will be fine. what state are you in? maybe you can send a fecal sample to a different reptile vet & they can test it for you.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
I would say it's necessary only if you plan to breed them or if they show signs of illness that seem to indicate ADV. Otherwise, no.