• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult beardie diarrhea?

SavRain

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently purchased an adult bearded dragon. He is active and eating very well, but he has slightly runny stool. He eats a diet of mashed carrots, celery, bell peppers, some romaine lettuce, some cucumber, and crickets. I feed the crickets a high-calcium cricket diet (Total Bites). They are always gut-loaded. He is still very active and when I took him out today he ran around a lot and snuggled with me. He is not showing any irritation or anger towards me, like if he was sick. I have him in a 40 gallon tank with about a 98 degree temperature on the basking side and a 82 degree temp on the cool side. He is not sad and his eyes are not droopy. He has had kind of runny stool for about 2 days now. Is he sick with something I don't know of? Or is it just stress or diet?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is all diet related.. Janelle is right also cuc's and peppers are mostly all water..

SavRain

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update: Today he did not poop at all. Came home to find the white block of urine and a few cricket parts (heads and legs) on it. No stool at all. What's going on? Really frantic and worried =(

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: Today he did not poop at all. Came home to find the white block of urine and a few cricket parts (heads and legs) on it. No stool at all. What's going on? Really frantic and worried =(
Don't worry they love to keep us on our toes..give it a few days/week once you have changed his diet..