• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ADR dragon

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Ok. Here is where I'm at. Puff is 2 yrs old and has done great! He has a huge enclosure....uvb light changed every 6 months (got a new one about 1.5 months ago) basking area sits around 88-90 degrees. He gets fresh dandelion greens daily but doesnt eat them much. I add in acorn squash or the like but he rarely eats it. He eats dubia roaches covered in multivitamin and vit c powders. Something seemed off about a month ago, he hadnt pooped and was lethargic and not eating as much. Gave him a bath, he pooped, seemed much better within a day or 2. I did take the fecal into work (I'm a vet) and sent it to the lab. Negative for parasites. We just got back from a 2 week vacation and he seems off again. I'm waiting to hear from our pet sitter about how he acted while we were gone. He has eaten 3 roaches in the past week, no veggies. And I havent seen him move from his baking spot. He does change directions he is facing but that's it. When he does move he just seems weak. He is shedding but he usually doesnt act like this when he sheds.

Can anyone help us?!
d6e4b47961afc355110c2fee42c4a590.jpg
9e0b24180c54b482762462d0479ceb5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Ok. After I posted I got to thinking so I just put a new uvb bulb in just in case the other one was faulty. Timing makes sense. He is somewhat dragging his left hin leg. He can use it but definitely not normal.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
There is a reflector for the uvb....its a t5HO reptisun. I'll get a new heat bulb tomorrow. The one I have is maxed out so maybe it has lost its strength since it used to be hotter. Injury is possible. I would have no idea. Sitter didnt note anything out of the ordinary.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah....ok. so the light set up hasnt changed since we got him 2 years ago. Just changed the bulbs when needed. He is still eating just not nearly as active and obviously has an odd gait. He can use his back left leg but doesnt really want to. I'll take him in tomorrow and snap an xray. On that note.....what do I need to do to keep him comfortable for the day at work? I dont have a reptile set-up there. Would it be bad for him to be there for the day without his lights? I can give him heat to keep him warm. I work a 10 hour day typically.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Oh, yes I do have an infrared temp gun. I read they are the best.
I'll remove his hammock for now although hes not even interested in going over to it. He did go down to the bottom and back up to his baking area twice tonight. That's the most activity I've seen from him since we got home a week ago. But like I said, he is still favoring mainly his back left.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Update......I didnt take Puff to work yet. After watching him he just seems really lethargic and is doing weird things with not just his left hind leg. Is it possible that this could be from him not eating roaches for 2 weeks? I'm not sure if that's the case but we were on vacation and I keep finding lives roaches in his cage or around the house. I'm wondering if my sitter put roaches in there but didnt make sure he ate. He has always been kinda lazy and we have to keep putting roaches in front of him....he wont chase them down.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Forgot to mention.....he ate 8 roaches this morning. I did replace the heat bulb too to temps are up around 108 F.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
He is eating. I'm offering roaches daily just to make sure he is eating something. I cant get him to eat salad. I usually alternate between collards and dandelions. I also shave a squash (spaghetti, acorn). Its always been a battle to get him to eat salads.

He does have a gradient and has been moving around. Just not as active as usual. I'm wondering if it's just going to take him a while to get back to normal? He has lost weight which is concerning so I'll keep an eye on that.