• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting weird

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
recently I got my bearded dragon a new hammock. I put the new hammock in his basking area and his old hammock on his cool side. Ever since then he’s been acting very strange. He dosnt even go to his basking area anymore he stays on the cool side. I have to pick him up and put him in the hot spot when he’s Cold. The temps we’re pretty high so I went out and bought a lower wattage bulb. The tempature in the basking area is 90-94. I heard about Brumation, but a website said it only happens in winter and fall.

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
And I don’t have the box for the heat light but it’s a 40 watt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
Oh maybe mine is doing the same thing because I also added a few plants on the cool side and she’s been just shoving her face in them all day. But the temps are 90-94 degrees.

Also using a thermostat with a probe.

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
Ok digital probes are good for your cool side of tank but you actually want a Infrared Heat gun from like Walmart Home Depot or Lowes- they give the most accurate temps for the basking spot--
kaylyn

Okay I actually have one of those. The tempature with the heat gun is 86. Should I raise the hammock up to make it hotter? Just a FYI I redid her tank today so she hasn’t been like this for a while.

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
I raised the hammock and closed the doors and waited 15 minutes, the temps were 90-95 some spots 97-98. Are these temps good?

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
Just keep an eye on her --- she needs to be basking for 4 hrs per day --------how old is she? Is the cover off the bulb for the UVB--- I cant tell --- how far away is she from the UVB? It looks like its a T8 which should be approx 8-10 inches from basking area
kaylyn
She is about 9 months old we think, we got her from someone who didn’t know. Yes the cover is off and it’s about 9 inches away

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
How long has she been not eating? And are you feeding her bugs? She needs protein dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week --Are you keeping an eye on her weight?
kaylyn

I am feeding her Dubai roaches ever two days, and salads with worms on top every day. I dust the roaches with calcium.

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
How long has she been not eating? And are you feeding her bugs? She needs protein dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week --Are you keeping an eye on her weight?
kaylyn

I am feeding her Dubai roaches ever two days, and salads with worms on top every day. I dust the roaches with calcium. She ate well this morning but still just staying on the cool side

Ashleybell

Hatchling Dragon
Im sorry im new here and cant figure out how to start my own post?? I would like some advice about my boy toothless. We have had him 2 weeks he is 3 years old weighs 420g. He is lovely in nature. I did alot of research before getting him and bought all necessary things like uvb etc. My issue is he wont eat salad or veg or fruit i dont think he has ever had these. He also isnt that interested in bugs some days. He closes his eyes when i try to feed him. He does eat but not as much as i would think he needs to. He wont touch salad iv tried all the tricks puttin bugs in etc im awaiting bee pollen to arrive to try this. Had him to vet he got wormer and antibiotics on last day of meds today. Bought probiotic as i read the meds can do things to their guts. I live un scotland so cant get things like collards and mustard greens etc been using alternatives but not lettuce. He is not interested. Can anyone give me some advice please he is driving me insane with worry!!
Thanks

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
How long has she not been eating? Can you post a pic of her?
kaylyn
How long has she not been eating? Can you post a pic of her?
kaylyn
Sorry I swear I thought I clicked post but I guess it didn’t post. But I moved her old hammock back over to her heat side and she followed it all the way over there, I guess she just loves that hammock cuz she was already trying to sit on it before I could even hook it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Ashleybell

Hatchling Dragon
First I want you to scroll to the bottom of the Health forum - look for post New Thread on the right side below the last thread across from pages--- please post a pic of your tank and lighting -- I need to see your tank and what you have for his set up-- what kind of UVB do you have brand and bulb?
kaylyn
Ok i have done this and attached pic thanks v much

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
Can she get under her UVB? It doesnt look like she can--- she needs to be able to sit under that UVB -- its been 2 days since she not eaten -- they often go off their food if something has changed in their environment- I wouldnt worry too much about her --- its when it gets to be weeks then get concerned -just keep feeding her
kaylyn
Yes the bulb sticks out so it’s ovee the hammock. I think she just got stressed from the changes in the tank. Thanks for the help :)

Billie

Hatchling Dragon
Yes the bulb sticks out so it’s ovee the hammock. I think she just got stressed from the changes in the tank. Thanks for the help :)
She’s actually already back to her old self. It’s crazy how that small change mader her act so different. I just made her a huge salad and put it down in her cage and she just destroyed that thing.

Shania

Bearded Dragon Egg
recently I got my bearded dragon a new hammock. I put the new hammock in his basking area and his old hammock on his cool side. Ever since then he’s been acting very strange. He dosnt even go to his basking area anymore he stays on the cool side. I have to pick him up and put him in the hot spot when he’s Cold. The temps we’re pretty high so I went out and bought a lower wattage bulb. The tempature in the basking area is 90-94. I heard about Brumation, but a website said it only happens in winter and fall.
Either she’s being a brat like my baby did since you added something new in there or uvb? My advice is to just let him or her adapt to the new thing it’s basically like relocation stress, they’re just not used to the new thing in they’re environment

Cindy Hartman

Bearded Dragon Egg
I raised the hammock and closed the doors and waited 15 minutes, the temps were 90-95 some spots 97-98. Are these temps good?
No those are not good temps for the basking area! It needs to be 100- 110 in the basking.
80's ambient temp,low 70's on cool side

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Clarification: the basking temps refer to surface, not ambient, so if your readings are from a temp gun, they are too low, but if they're air temps, they may be a bit high if you don't have a cooler area. How are you measuring them?