• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting Sluggish and has tan (hummus like) stool

beardymom120

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon is almost 5 years old. She laid a clutch of eggs last week and was fine until today. I fed her 5 super worms and 2 horned worms last night. Last night before going to bed her stomach looked puffy and it looked like she was trying to lay another egg. I watched her for about 10 mins and her stomach went down so I turned her light off and went to bed. This morning when I woke up I saw she had pooped in the same spot she was in last night when I turned her light off. The poop wasn’t normal, it looked like hummus same color and consistency. I made her a fresh salad with greens, grapes, and blueberries... and tried feeding her a few super worms but she wasn’t interested. I put them in a bowl in her cage and went to work. She normally devours the veggies and fruits when I leave them.. but she didn’t touch them.. the super worms were also untouched. She is acting very lethargic and I’m extremely concerned. I held her and cuddled her tonight for about an hour. I put her back in her cage, she climbed up on her “chair” and hasn’t moved since... I plan on taking her to the vet when I get off of work tomorrow just wanted to post on here and see if this has ever happened to anyone and if you could give me advice. Thank you in advance!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi hope she's feeling better. It could just be that she hasn't fully recovered from laying the eggs. Like human childbirth it can take a major toll on her body. Another thing that could be causing her runny poop is a parasite that she could have gotten from again the tolls of egg laying. It ain't easy being a woman in any species lol. When you take her to the vet ask for a fecal exam if they haven't suggested it, hope she's back to normal soon :)